McCrory keeps to campaign script in NC gov’s race
Democrat Walter Dalton and Republican Pat McCrory (left to right)
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. — Democrat Walter Dalton is running out of time to dismantle Republican Pat McCrory’s perceived front-runner status on the eve of early voting in the North Carolina governor’s race.
Dalton is the sitting lieutenant governor and has been working to discredit McCrory’s self-characterization as an outsider who will work to fix what he calls the state’s broken government and economy.
Dalton acknowledges he has a gap to breach but says there is still time to change minds. He says people will choose him once they hear of his detailed plans to generate jobs and oppose Republican policies in the Legislature.
As the former mayor of Charlotte, McCrory has held a campaign-fundraising advantage that’s allowed him to appear on TV more frequently.
Source: Associated Press
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting