Michigan ‘Batman’ says he has good intentions
33-year-old Mark Wayne Williams (AP)
PETOSKEY, Mich. — A Michigan man is facing charges for his effort to keep an eye on his community while wearing a Batman outfit.
Mark Wayne Williams, 33, tells the Petoskey News-Review that dressing in costume is his way of saying “it’s not up to the government to save us.” He’s due in court Thursday.
State troopers arrested Williams Sept. 29 because they say he refused to leave them alone while they searched for a driver who fled an accident. Williams was charged with resisting and obstructing police in an investigation.
It’s not Williams’ first brush with the law as the caped crusader. He was arrested last year after police received a report of a man dressed as Batman on the roof of a Petoskey business.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k