Stokes County Humane Society receives $1,000 grant
STOKES COUNTY, N.C. — The Stokes County Humane Society has received a $1,000 grant from the PEDIGREE Foundation to help make its dogs more adoptable.
The Stokes News reported that the facility is one of 150 shelters and rescue groups nationwide to receive a grant.
“We believe that all dogs deserve to be loved and cared for,” said Debra Fair, PEDIGREE Foundation president, according to The Stokes News.
Read more: The Stokes News.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault