Greensboro Coliseum gets $24M in upgrades
GREENSBORO, N.C.–The prime spot for entertainment in Greensboro is in need of a makeover of sorts.
The Greensboro Coliseum Complex is using $24 million dollars in hotel/motel tax for renovations. Greensboro City Council approved the amount back in May.
Phase one will include installing cushioned seating, and a new LED scoreboard. Coliseum Director Matt Brown hopes to have this done by the start of the ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament in March 2013.
“We believe that this will make this complex a state-of-the-art facility,” Brown said.
The next phase which will start after the ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament will include a new upper level concourse. The concourse will have updated restrooms and new concession stands.
Brown says now is the time to make these improvements with the competition getting tougher with other arenas who want to host events like the ACC Tournament. Brown wants to make sure the Coliseum does not get left behind.
“If we are going to compete, we’ve got make these changes,” Brown said.
The renovations are expected to take at least three years before they are completed.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy