Fixing “The Lodge” in Rockingham County
WENTWORTH, N.C. — Rockingham County leaders will apply for a $500,000 grant that will be used to make “The Lodge” a community center.
“The Lodge” is well over 50 years old and was used by the Boy Scouts. But when the scouts left the camp, the county owned building sat unused and was neglected for several years.
If Rockingham County gets the grant, the funds will be used to bring items like the kitchen, electrical and plumbing up to code. Also the outdoor restrooms would come inside and the leaky roof repaired.
County leaders say there is a need for a facility that can hold meetings and weddings. If the grant is approved, construction could begin in the spring.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK