Man beaten to death in his log cabin in Bat Cave
BAT CAVE, N.C. — Henderson County deputies have charged the roommate of a 52-year-old man with beating him to death in the log cabin they shared near Bat Cave.
Investigators said co-workers of Walter Davis found him dead in his home Thursday after he didn’t show up for work.
Authorities say it appeared Davis was severely beaten. They are awaiting autopsy results to figure out how long he had been dead.
Deputies started looking for Davis’ roommate. When they found 29-year-old Daniel Moore in Fletcher about 12 hours later, investigators say he had personal items that belonged to the victim.
Credit: The Associated Press.
Moore has been charged with first-degree murder. He is being held in the Henderson County jail, and it wasn’t clear if he had a lawyer.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave