Deputies: Man arrested in fatal stabbing in Rockingham Co.
Dustin Justice Wright
STONEVILLE, N.C. — Deputies said a man accused of stabbing and killing a man at a house party Saturday morning in Stoneville was arrested.
Dustin Justice Wright, of Madison, allegedly stabbed two victims around 3:20 a.m. at 341 Belthrop Road after witnesses said he was asked to leave.
Officials said one of the victims was killed and the other received non-life-threatening injuries. Authorities said they believe alcohol was a factor in the incident.
Deputies said both victims were taken to Morehead Hospital and Mark Anthony Chandler was pronounced dead after arrival. Chandler’s age was not released.
Deputies said Wright was found and arrested in Stokes County after fleeing the scene. He was charged with voluntary manslaughter and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury.
Officials said Wright was placed in the Rockingham County Jail under a $250,000 secured bond and has court planned for Oct. 16.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave