Deputies: Man arrested in fatal stabbing in Rockingham Co.
Dustin Justice Wright
STONEVILLE, N.C. — Deputies said a man accused of stabbing and killing a man at a house party Saturday morning in Stoneville was arrested.
Dustin Justice Wright, of Madison, allegedly stabbed two victims around 3:20 a.m. at 341 Belthrop Road after witnesses said he was asked to leave.
Officials said one of the victims was killed and the other received non-life-threatening injuries. Authorities said they believe alcohol was a factor in the incident.
Deputies said both victims were taken to Morehead Hospital and Mark Anthony Chandler was pronounced dead after arrival. Chandler’s age was not released.
Deputies said Wright was found and arrested in Stokes County after fleeing the scene. He was charged with voluntary manslaughter and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury.
Officials said Wright was placed in the Rockingham County Jail under a $250,000 secured bond and has court planned for Oct. 16.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK