Update: Man accused of killing a Jonesville police officer appears in Yadkin Co. court
JONESVILLE, N.C. – According to authorities the man accused of killing a Jonesville police officer made his first court appearance in Yadkin County on Friday.
According to Sheriff Oliver, Scott Vincent Sica, 36, was placed into the custody of Yadkin County deputies at 2:30 p.m. Sica was served with an arrest warrant, processed and then made his first court appearance.
Sica was released from custody at about 2 a.m., Friday morning from the Lee County Jail in Florida.
On Wednesday, Sica signed a waiver of extradition, permitting him to be placed in the custody of Yadkin County deputies.
According to Officer Shore at the Yadkin County Jail, Sica is being held at the Ashe County Jail.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview