Update: Man accused of killing a Jonesville police officer appears in Yadkin Co. court
JONESVILLE, N.C. – According to authorities the man accused of killing a Jonesville police officer made his first court appearance in Yadkin County on Friday.
According to Sheriff Oliver, Scott Vincent Sica, 36, was placed into the custody of Yadkin County deputies at 2:30 p.m. Sica was served with an arrest warrant, processed and then made his first court appearance.
Sica was released from custody at about 2 a.m., Friday morning from the Lee County Jail in Florida.
On Wednesday, Sica signed a waiver of extradition, permitting him to be placed in the custody of Yadkin County deputies.
According to Officer Shore at the Yadkin County Jail, Sica is being held at the Ashe County Jail.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault