Patrick, Boehner are next surrogates visiting NC
Republican U.S. House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio and Massachusetts Democratic Gov. Deval Patrick.
RALEIGH, N.C. — Get ready for another A-list of political surrogates traveling to North Carolina to talk up the qualities of President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney.
Republican U.S. House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio and Massachusetts Democratic Gov. Deval Patrick are expected in the state Friday to promote their respective candidates.
Boehner scheduled a visit Friday afternoon to Charlotte’s “Victory” headquarters for Romney and other Republican ballot hopefuls, followed by a Saturday morning event at state GOP headquarters in Raleigh.
Patrick planned to join U.S. Rep. David Price and Durham Mayor Bill Bell on Friday afternoon at a Raleigh business center to criticize Romney’s business record in Massachusetts when he was governor.
Romney held a rally Thursday evening in Asheville. Jill Biden is expected Saturday in the Piedmont.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k