Grand opening planned for new playground in Burlington
(Photo: Burlington PD)
BURLINGTON, N.C. — The grand opening of a new playground at Eva Barker Park is planned for Saturday in Burlington.
Organizers said the event is planned for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 175 N. Main St. and will include live music, hot dogs, drinks and several activities.
Police in Burlington said they began working the Beverly Hills Neighborhood in August of 2011 and discovered there was not a safe place for children to play.
The police said they began working with the community and several city departments and with the help of grant funding and a donation from Southland Electric found a solution.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault