Cleveland bus driver suspended after he punches woman [Video]
CLEVELAND (WJW) — The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority is investigating after a fight between a passenger and a bus driver was caught on video and published to YouTube.
Another passenger recorded the moments leading up to the time when an RTA bus driver can be seen punching a woman.
The tape shows a verbal dispute which leads to the passenger approaching the driver.
The video does not show exactly what she did to him, but moments later, it does show the driver get up and punch the woman in the face, knocking her to the ground.
Sources told Fox 8 News the incident happened a few days ago, but we don’t know exactly what bus route.
A statement released on Friday from RTA read:
“RTA saw the video posted on YouTube of the operator incident on October 11. Through the investigation, we believe the incident occurred on Sept. 18. Upon identifying the driver, he was immediately suspended and removed from duty. His behavior is absolutely unacceptable. RTA apologizes to our customers for this incident. A full investigation continues.”
Stick with Fox 8 News and FOX8.com for updates on this story as more information is released.
**WARNING: The raw video on YouTube includes profanity, racism and violence. Click here to be redirected to the video.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home