Suspect in Chicago car-bomb plot pleads not guilty
Adel Daoud of Hillside, a Chicago suburb, was arrested following a sting operation last month.
Prosecutors say he told undercover agents he believed the U.S. was at war with Muslims, but Daoud’s attorney says the plot was the agents’ idea.
During his arrangement Thursday, the 19-year-old joked with the judge, telling her the maximum life prison sentence he faced couldn’t be longer.
Asked how he pleaded, the bushy-haired Daoud politely said: “Not guilty.”
Dressed in an orange jail jumpsuit, Daoud smiled and waved at his family during the hearing. His teary-eyed father, Ahmed Daoud, later told repoters his son is a good kid.
Source: The Associated Press
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child