Dale Earnhardt Jr. to miss at least two races with concussion
Dale Earnhardt Jr., right, and Matt Kenseth (Mary Ann Chastain/Associated Press)
CONCORD, N.C. (AP) — Dale Earnhardt Jr. has a concussion and will sit out the next two Sprint Cup races at Charlotte and Kansas.
The injury ends NASCAR’s most popular driver’s championship chances this season.
Hendrick Motorsports says Earnhardt Jr. was diagnosed Wednesday afternoon. He sustained the concussion in the 25-car pileup on the last lap of Sunday’s race at Talladega.
Regan Smith will replace Earnhardt Jr. in the No. 88 Chevrolet in the next two events.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'