Remembering firefighter Will Caviness
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Five Greensboro firefighter went to Chicago over the weekend to finish a marathon their friend and fellow fire fighter didn’t have the chance to complete.
Will Caviness died 500 yards from the finish line on October 9, 2011 and over the past weekend, Kevin Rice along with Ty Jenks, Chris Linstrom, Chris Hicks, and Gregg Westbrook ran and finished the race.
It was an emotional race for the men. But the fire fighters wanted to finish for their friend and bring attention to a charity Caviness endorsed.
The five Greensboro firefighters raised $8,000 for the International Association of Fire Fighters burn foundation.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault