Romney campaign brings McCain, Lindsey Graham to NC
Arizona Sen. John McCain
CARY, N.C. (AP) — The Republican Party’s presidential candidate from 2008 is campaigning in North Carolina for current nominee Mitt Romney with an emphasis on military issues.
Arizona Sen. John McCain is scheduled to headline Romney campaign events for veterans and military families Tuesday morning at a Cary Veterans of Foreign Wars post and in the afternoon at the North Carolina Veterans Park in Fayetteville. Joining him will be South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham. Graham also is expected to attend a separate Romney event Tuesday evening in Wilmington.
McCain and Graham are both Senate Armed Services Committee members. McCain was a Vietnam War prisoner of war. Graham is a colonel in the Air Force reserves.
The events come a day after Romney gave a foreign policy speech at Virginia Military Institute.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave