Wake Forest Baptist cuts time-off benefits for long-term employees
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Changes in how Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center provides vacation and sick days will cut in half the benefits for some long-term employees.
The center provided employees with an internal memo on the changes in accrual rates for “benefit time off,” effective Jan. 1.
“Benefit time off” means vacation, sick days and personal days are put into one benefit pool. Holidays and bereavement days are included in the program, but listed separately.
The center told employees that previously earned and accrued vacation and sick days will be grandfathered in.
Read more: The Winston-Salem Journal.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault