Temperatures fall into the mid 40s
Despite an already chilly start to Monday morning, temperatures across the Piedmont Triad will continue to decrease as the day progresses.
FOX8 Meteorologist Emily Byrd reports temperatures began in the upper-40s, but will slowly decline throughout the day.
Evening commuters can expect temperatures around 46 degrees.
Overnight lows will be the coldest of the season, dropping to as low as 40 degrees by early Tuesday morning.
In addition to the chilly atmosphere, Emily Byrd says there is an 80 percent chance of rain.
The highest chance of rain will be in the afternoon, while the likelihood of precipitation will drop in the evening hours.
Throughout the rest of the week, temperatures are expected to rise back to the 70s. There is a slight chance of rain Tuesday, but little chance of rain during the remainder of the week.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview