Police, volunteers search for Charlotte student missing in Mass.
Jon Dailey (Facebook)
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Authorities and volunteers are reportedly searching for a Charlotte student who went missing nearly one week ago in Massachusetts.
WSOC reported family, friends and volunteers swept Boston-area neighborhoods on Sunday in search of 23-year-old Jonathan Dailey, who hasn’t been seen since Tuesday night.
Dailey’s father told WSOC the graduate student’s phone charger, passport, glasses and driver’s license were all left in his apartment. Dailey doesn’t own a car and his phone has reportedly been dead for several days.
Boston police issued a missing person alert on Saturday, the station reported.
Police have reviewed surveillance footage from nearby restaurants and shopping centers, but there has been no sign of Dailey, according to WSOC.
Dailey’s family told WSOC it’s unlike him to leave for so long without contacting anyone.
“A nightmare is the way I can describe it,” Dailey’s sister, Robyn Hoffman, told the station.
Dailey’s parents created a Facebook page as part of the search effort.
Anyone with information about Dailey’s whereabouts can call Crimestoppers or Boston police at (617) 343-4256.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k