Cardinals rout Nationals 12-4, tie NLDS 1-all
ST. LOUIS — Carlos Beltran hit the last two of St. Louis’ four homers and the Cardinals chased an ineffective Jordan Zimmermann early in a 12-4 rout of the Washington Nationals on Monday night that tied their NL division series at one game apiece
Allen Craig and Daniel Descalso also went deep to help the Cardinals build a big lead and compensate for a two-inning start from Jaime Garcia. Craig hit his fifth career postseason homer and scored three times.
Ryan Zimmerman and Adam LaRoche hit consecutive homers in the fifth inning for the Nationals, who won’t pitch All-Star ace Stephen Strasburg _ shut down for the year early last month.
Source: The Associated Press
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview