Seven pit bulls put down after killing NC owner
ROBESON COUNTY, N.C. — Animal Control officers put down seven pit bulls that officials said viciously attacked and killed their owner.
WSOC reported that Mary Jo Hunt, 53, was killed in the backyard of her Robeson County home, just south of Fayettteville, last week.
Authorities said the dogs attacked her when she used a rake to separate them from fighting.
Officials said a neighbor called 911. Investigators said Hunt and her sister took care of the rescued animals at their home.
Authorities said two other dogs were also seized and are being kept in isolation.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault