Elderly woman robbed during home invasion in Rockingham Co.
MADISON, N.C. — Deputies said they are looking for a man who allegedly broke into an elderly woman’s home and robbed her Saturday night in Madison.
Authorities said the man cut off the victim’s phone lines and kicked in her backdoor, demanding money around 11 p.m. at a residence on Ellisboro Road.
Deputies said the victim gave the suspect about $100, but he dropped most of it in her front yard as he ran off.
Officials said the victim was not injured. A complete description of the suspect was not released.
The victim described the situations a scary.
“He said he would kill me if I didn’t give him money,” she said. “He might have killed me for talking back to him.”
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information can call the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office at (336) 634-3232 or Rockingham County Crimestoppers at (336) 349-9683.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault