Reidsville man sentenced to 20 years for string of robberies
David Dale Fountain, 22, of Reidsville (Reidsville PD)
REIDSVILLE, N.C. — A Reidsville man was sentenced to 20 years and 10 months in prison Friday for robbing five convenience stores at gunpoint.
Officials said David Dale Fountain, 22, pleading guilty in United States Federal Court Middle District in Winston-Salem.
Authorities said Fountain robbed the five businesses throughout Reidsville in 2009 and 2010. Police said he would take out a gun and demand money.
Law enforcement officials said he was arrested on July 14, 2010 after a high speed chase following the robbery of two stores within minutes of each other.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants