Fair Food Recipes: Spammy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Spammy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Great American SPAM Championship – Kid Chef
Logan Cranor (Age 9) of Colfax, 1st Place, 2012 Dixie Classic Fair
- 1 (12 ounce) can SPAM Classic, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking sod
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the diced SPAM in a skillet and cook over medium-high heat with brown sugar and cinnamon. Drain the SPAM on a paper towel-lined plate. Cool.
3. Beat the sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract with an electric mixer in a large bowl until fluffy and smooth. Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in the chocolate chips and SPAM. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Let stand 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.