Ex-NC Gov. Hunt back again to campaign for Obama
Jim Hunt (AP Photo)
GREENVILLE, N.C. — It’s another North Carolina election season and Jim Hunt is once again out peddling for votes.
This time the former four-term governor is spending the final weeks before Election Day working for President Barack Obama’s re-election bid on what’s called a “middle class listening tour.”
Hunt spent Friday in the living room of a Greenville home in a made-for-media conversation with residents about why the president is best suited to help middle-class families in North Carolina. He held a similar gathering last Friday in Raleigh.
The 75-year-old Hunt says he’s back on the campaign trail because he cares about North Carolina’s future.
Longtime Democratic consultant Brad Crone says it makes sense for Hunt to help Obama because he’s probably the Democrats’ most effective campaigner in North Carolina in a generation.
Source: The Associate Press
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave