‘Saved by the Bell’ star battling bipolar disorder, according to mother
A former teen star is struggling with mental illness, so says the mother of Lark Voorhies, one of the cast members from Saved by the Bell.
The 38-year-old actress has mostly remained out of the spotlight since her stint as Lisa Turtle on the hit show, while some of her castmates have gone on to flourish in showbiz.
Tricia Voohries says her daughter suffers from bipolar disorder — a claim that Lark denies.
“There are things that have traumatized her,” Tricia, 64, told PEOPLE. “I care deeply about my daughter and I want her to resume her life.
The revelation comes after speculation of drug use following a bizarre interview with Voohries that went viral earlier this year.
There were other concerns, too.
In recent interviews with PEOPLE, Voohries appeared to stare off or stop mid-sentence when answering questions. The magazine said “something wasn’t right.”
But the actress has insisted that she is not sick, instead blaming her “over-worrying” mother, with whom she shares a home in Pasadena, California, and her “strong spiritual sense.”
*Read more on Lark Voohries, HERE
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.