Man sentenced to life for killing ex-girlfriend in Asheville
Danny Dale Gosnell (Photo credit: WLOS)
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — A South Carolina man has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for killing his former girlfriend in North Carolina last year.
A judge in Asheville on Wednesday sentenced Danny Dale Gosnell for the shooting death of Brenda Williams.
Prosecutors say the Campobello, S.C., man killed Williams because she had broken up with him.
Assistant District Attorney Pat Patton said Gosnell drove from his home with a shotgun and parked behind a barn, waiting for Williams to come out of her house to go to work Aug 17, 2011.
Defense attorney John Byrd argued that Gosnell could not have intended to kill Williams because of his limited mental capacity.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave