Dallas man linked to Anonymous hackers indicted
DALLAS — A Dallas man linked to the worldwide hacking group Anonymous is accused of threatening to ruin an FBI agent’s life in online postings.
Barrett Brown was arrested last month. Federal authorities had not said why he was detained until Thursday’s announcement of an indictment.
The 31-year-old Brown is charged with Internet threats, conspiracy to make publically available restricted personal information of a government employee and retaliation against a federal law enforcement officer.
Brown’s attorney, Jay Leiderman, has said he believes some of the charges stem from a YouTube video in which Brown rails against law enforcement.
Brown has previously been linked to the Anonymous movement of cyber-rebels. He’s been quoted in media reports about the shadowy movement.
Source: The Associated Press
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy