Man arrested in ’96 shooting death of Jonesville police officer
JONESVILLE, N.C. — On Wednesday, authorities announced they have arrested a man in the shooting death of a Jonesville police officer that occurred nearly 16 years ago.
According to the Jonesville Police Department, Scott Vincent Sica is accused of shooting Sgt. Gregory Keith Martin during a traffic stop on I-77 South on Oct. 5, 1996.
Police said credible evidence linking Sica to the incident has been discovered.
Sica was arrested Wednesday night at his Cape Coral, Fla. home. Local reports describe federal authorities and SWAT teams surrounding his home.
More details are expected to be released Thursday night at a press conference.
Police said the investigation is ongoing.
No other details were provided.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK