Man arrested in ’96 shooting death of Jonesville police officer
JONESVILLE, N.C. — On Wednesday, authorities announced they have arrested a man in the shooting death of a Jonesville police officer that occurred nearly 16 years ago.
According to the Jonesville Police Department, Scott Vincent Sica is accused of shooting Sgt. Gregory Keith Martin during a traffic stop on I-77 South on Oct. 5, 1996.
Police said credible evidence linking Sica to the incident has been discovered.
Sica was arrested Wednesday night at his Cape Coral, Fla. home. Local reports describe federal authorities and SWAT teams surrounding his home.
More details are expected to be released Thursday night at a press conference.
Police said the investigation is ongoing.
No other details were provided.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train