NCCU dean accused of assaulting colleague
DURHAM, N.C. — A dean at North Carolina Central University has been arrested after being accused of assaulting a female colleague.
WTVD reports 34-year-old Ontario Wooden, dean of the school’s University College department, was arrested Friday on a single charge of assault on a female.
Citing an arrest warrant, the station reports the alleged incident happened on Sept. 24 on the university’s campus.
According to WTVD, the warrant states Wooden “unlawfully and willfully did assault (the victim), a female person, by grabbing her forearm and shoving her against a cabinet, causing scratches and bruises on the forearm and upper left shoulder.”
Wooden reportedly posted a $2,000 bond. He has a court appearance planned for Oct. 23.
The university acknowledged Wooden’s arrest, but did not comment further to WTVD.
WTVD reports Wooden was named to his position in 2011.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault