Lockitron lets you unlock your door with your smartphone [Video]
Lockitron, a new app being designed for smartphones, will allow you to lock and unlock your door using your phone.
The keyless entry device attaches to your door’s existing deadbolt lock. The battery-powered box is equipped with Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and NFC capabilities.
Those technologies allow users to unlock/lock the door from their phone, monitor when someone unlocks the door and enable a setting so the door automatically unlocks when the phone is placed near the door (similar to a proximity card). Even old phones can unlock the door via text messaging.
The company is taking preorders for the $149 device. The first batch is scheduled to ship in March 2013.
Read more at Lockitron.com.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it