Report: DOT worker killed in accident on Old US 421
(Photo credit: Steve Rankin // GoBlueRidge.net)
DEEP GAP, N.C. — A Department of Transportation worker was reportedly killed early Tuesday morning in a crash in Watauga County.
According to GoBlueRidge.net, the accident happened shortly after 4:30 a.m. on Old U.S. 421 past the intersection at Browns Farm Road.
GoBlueRidge reports the DOT was attempting to clear the roadway of a tree that had been downed by overnight storms.
WSOC reports the DOT vehicle was struck by another truck.
Witnesses were attempting CPR on the victim when rescuers arrived, but the victim died, GoBlueRidge reports.
The identities of those involved have not been released.
The section of highway will be closed while troopers with the N.C. Highway Patrol investigate.
GoBlueRidge reports it will be at least 8 a.m. before the roadway is reopened.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home