Computer maker Lenovo expanding, adding 115 jobs
MORRISVILLE, NC — China-based computer maker Lenovo is expanding its facility in eastern Guilford County and creating 115 new manufacturing jobs, the company announced Tuesday.
The expansion will take place at the company’s fulfillment center near Whitsett. That center had been responsible for putting the finishing touches on computers and sending them off to customers. Now its computers will soon be made from scratch.
The fulfillment center employs 175 people. The manufacturing center will add 115 new employees.
Lenovo Senior VP David Schmooke says this would be a long-term move.
“We believe by having U.S. manufacturing it’s a differentiator. It’s something our customers and partners value and at the end of the day by delivering on that value proposition, it’ll be sustainable,” Schmooke said.
The company will begin hiring later this year. Production will begin in early 2013.
To find out more information and to apply, visit www.lenovo.com.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k