HanesBrands sale still open despite rain
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — The HanesBrands Community Product Sale will still take place today despite the inclement weather.
HanesBrands and the United Way have teamed up again for a huge sale that benefits communities across the Piedmont Triad.
More than 25 trailer loads of HanesBrands apparel will be sold to the public during this weekend’s Community Product Sale. Prices range from as low as $0.50 and are no higher than $25 for underwear, socks, workout gear, sleepwear and casual clothes.
The sale is from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Weeks Plant at 401 West Hanes Mill Road.
A second sale will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 13 at 3304 Old Lexington Road. Proceeds from the second sale will go to the YMCA, YWCA and United Way.
Saturday’s event is expected to rake in more than $500,000, with proceeds helping out United Way projects.
In addition to the weekend sale, Friday is a “Day of Caring,” when more than 400 Hanesbrands employees volunteer with various community projects such as Goodwill, the Ronald McDonald House and Habitat for Humanity.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting