108 new jobs coming to Danville area
(Photo courtesy: Danville Office of Economic Development)
DANVILLE, Va. — Norhurst, Inc. announced Friday that it plans to expand its operations in Virginia after purchasing the former Dan River Executive Campus in Danville.
The expansion will create 108 jobs in the region with a capital investment of $2.3 million.
The average annual wage of the new jobs will be $67,000 plus benefits, according to the Danville Office of Economic Development.
Norhurst works directly with Insystech, Inc. on government contracts and educational software development projects.
Insystech’s lease for its current building in Northern Virginia is expiring, so Norhurst is taking the opportunity to relocated to Southern Virginia in an effort to save “a significant amount” on operating expenses.
“We are pleased to purchase the Dan River Executive Campus and make the necessary improvements so that we can bring our highly skilled people to Danville. The building was a complete mess due to neglect. It is our intention to bring it back better than ever and have it be a showplace for Danville,” Norhurst President Tim Norton said in a statement.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault