Roy’s Folks: 200-pound watermelon
It’s impossible to have a state fair without giant fruits and vegetables. And one Davidson County growers is convinced he has a winner.
Roy Ackland introduces us to Brad Holder, a farmer that’s hoping to take first-prize for the largest watermelon at the annual Yadkin Valley Pumpkin Festival in Elkin. Holder said the watermelon likely weighs between 195 and 200 pounds.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it