2 accused of attacking man, stealing wallet in Thomasville
David Orlando Gainey II (left) and Quadaruis Jermaine McIntosh. (Mugshots courtesy: Thomasville Police)
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — A man and teenager from Thomasville are accused of attacking a man and stealing his wallet.
According to police, the victim said he was walking home from the Leisure Lounge Bar on East Main Street around 1:30 a.m. Friday when the suspects approached him and asked for a cigarette. The victim said the suspects then assaulted him and took his wallet.
On Monday, police said they found the described suspects sitting in a parked vehicle at Turner Street Park. Some of the victim’s property was discovered in the vehicle, police said.
Investigators charged 20-year-old David Orlando Gainey II and 17-year-old Quadaruis Jermaine McIntosh with common law robbery, possession of stolen property, and financial card fraud.
Both suspects were jailed in Davidson County under a secured bond pending court hearings slated for Oct. 10.
In May, McIntosh was charged in connection with three residential break-ins. Police allege he broke into homes on Georgia Avenue and Leach Avenue during the day between April 14 and 27. At the time, he was jailed under a $5,500 secured bond and had a court hearing scheduled for May 23.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy