Tornado Watch issued for the Triad has expired
The Tornado Watch that was issued for the Triad has expired as of 5 p.m.
On Tuesday morning and throughout the afternoon, scattered showers and thunderstorms moved throughout the Piedmont prompting a Tornado Watch to be issued for Guilford, Davidson, Forsyth, Montgomery, Randolph and Alamance counties.
The Alamance-Burlington school system around 1 p.m. announced the cancellation of all after-school activities for the day.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault