Uptown Lexington growing in popularity
LEXINGTON, N.C. – Uptown Lexington is booming and according to city leaders 94 percent of uptown property is occupied by restaurants and businesses.
The heart of the city has a nightlife with live music and restaurants staying open late.
“It`s really been a blessing to the town,” said Tim Regan president of Uptown Lexington. “In a six block radius here we have about 200 businesses.”
City leaders hope uptown’s success will spread to about 18 acres of the former Lexington Home Brands facility and depot.
Using grant money the city is exploring plans to revitalize the depot and make it into a transportation center with Amtrack and buses making stops.
The city council will hear the latest on the revitalization plans at its September 24th meeting.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault