NC man breaks into senior living center
Waylon Britt Thompson
GOLDSBORO, N.C. — Officials said an armed man broke into a senior living community Friday night in Goldsboro.
WTVD reported that Waylon Britt Thompson broke into Emeritus at the Pines of Goldsboro around 11 p.m. looking for his ex-girlfriend who works at the facility, police said.
Thompson allegedly broke the glass on the front door of the building and fired into the facility.
Officials said the staff called authorities and evacuated the staff from the building. Officials said no residents were evacuated during the incident, and there were no injuries reported.
Police arrested Thompson at his home and charged him with breaking and entering, firing into an occupied structure, domestic assault with a deadly weapon, and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon.
He is being held in the Wayne County Jail under $60,000 bond.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.