Baby gorilla snugs to mother’s arm at NC Zoo [Photos]
ASHEBORO, N.C. — N.C. Zoo officials shared these photos of gorilla baby Bomassa as he naps on his mother’s arm.
Bomassa was one of two gorillas born at the zoo in August. Both baby gorillas can be viewed daily alongside their mother at the zoo’s Forest Glade exhibit, where the photos were taken last week.
The N.C. Zoological Society is looking for a $100,000 sponsor to help pay for a shelter structure at the gorilla’s exhibit. The sponsor would also gain the right to name the second baby gorilla, the Asheboro Courier-Tribune reports.Submit Your Photo
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k