Area retailers accepting applications for seasonal employment
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Area retailers are accepting applications for seasonal employment as they prepare for the upcoming holiday season.
If you want a job for the holidays now is the time to start applying. Some major retailers including Wal-Mart and Toys R Us are already taking applications for seasonal hires.
“During this time of year everyone is fighting for it and hoping to get in that extra job,” said Stephanie Ryan, one of many college students who are already looking for seasonal work.
“There is a lot of competition. If one of my friends gets a job at a place … suddenly everyone rushes to that one place,” said Ryan.
Target on Hanes Mall Boulevard has full-time positions available in their grocery department. The retailer will start hiring seasonal positing in about two weeks. Training will get underway at the beginning of October.
According to retail analyst about 75 percent of seasonal opportunities will be in retail stores with the rest going to warehouse and shipping companies like UPS and FedEx.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault