Infant injured in accident died surrounded by family
ALAMANCE COUNTY, N.C. — The infant that was on life support after a tragic car accident that killed the baby’s mother died Tuesday surrounded by family members.
According to Randy Lewis, the mother’s uncle, 9-day-old Will Riggans passed away at approximately 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Will and his mother Megan Riggans will be buried together following a funeral service held at Concord United Methodist Church on Friday. Family members will receive friends on Thursday between 5 and 8 p.m. at the funeral home located in Graham.
Casey Riggans, Megan’s husband and Wills father, was released from the hospital Tuesday after being treated for injuries sustained during the car accident on Greensboro-Chapel Hill Road, Sept. 1.
On Wednesday, WRAL reported that Will was kept on life support so that his organs could be donated to other children in need of a transplant.
The family has set up a fund to help with medical expenses and care. Donations can be made at any BB&T bank branch to the Brian Casey Riggans Trust. Donations also may be mailed to the Brian Casey Riggans Trust, BB&T, P.O. Box 749, Siler City, NC 27344.
Information from WRAL.com contributed to this report.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.