Cool morning gives way to 80 degrees this afternoon
High pressure dominates the forecast for today as we enjoy loads of sunshine and dry weather across North Carolina.
Mostly sunny skies are ahead for today and highs will be near 80° this afternoon. The UV Index will be 8 out of 10, and pollen counts are starting to climb to moderate levels, mainly for weed pollen. Tonight, it will be clear and cool as low temperatures settle to the mid-50′s… well below the normal of 63° by daybreak.
This pattern holds through at least Friday, so enjoy the nearly perfect weather! The weekend will bring small chances of showers, especially by Sunday.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child