Raccoon attacks 5-year-old girl in Adams Farm
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A Greensboro family is awaiting test results after a raccoon bit a 5-year-old girl in the Adam’s Farm sub-division on Sunday.
Greensboro police shot and killed the raccoon that bit a 5-year-old girl in the Adams Farm neighborhood in Greensboro, shortly before noon on Sunday.
The animal is being tested by for rabies and the results should be back within 48 hours.
Guilford County Animal Control Manager Scott Greene says most people start their rabies treatment before they get the test results as a precaution.
Animal and human contact is high during the warmer months because people and animals are active.
In Guilford County there have been 15 confirmed reports of rabies, 7 of those cases have come from raccoons.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave