Police: UNC student found murdered in apartment
19-year-old Faith Danielle Hedgepeth (WTVD)
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — Family and friends are mourning the death of a student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill who police say was a victim of homicide.
Friends found the body of 19-year-old Faith Danielle Hedgepeth in her apartment Friday morning. She was a biology major from Warrenton who friends say wanted to be a doctor. Hedgepeth was a member of the Haliwa-Saponi Tribe of Hollister.
The Rev. Ronald Richardson, chief of the Haliwa-Saponi, said Hedgepeth was active in her church and her tribe. The Warren County High School website says Hedgepeth also was a Gates Millennium scholar.
The Gates Millennium Foundation awards 1,000 scholars each year with full scholarships to four-year colleges or universities. Police don’t believe her death was a random act.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home