‘Chat & Snack’ a much-needed escape for families at Brenner Children’s Hospital
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Anyone that has had a loved one hospitalized knows it’s hard on everyone, especially when it’s a child.
Twice a month, there’s a special place inside Brenner Children’s Hospital where those affected can go to just be a family.
It’s called “Chat and Snack” — and it’s one of the few things many of the families look forward to. The program is organized by the Family Support Network of Greater Forsyth. It allows families to connect with other families who are going through the same difficulties.
Last year, volunteers from churches, companies and organizations helped serve 1,100 people in 2011.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave