Russian man fakes death to propose to girlfriend
A Russian man faked his own death to propose to his girlfriend.
Orange UK reported that Alexey Bykov, 30, from Omsk, hired a movie director, make-up artists, stuntmen, and a script writer to stage a car wreck to convince his girlfriend he was killed.
Bykov reportedly then arranged to meet his girlfriend Irena Kolokov at the scene of the wreck.
“We’d arranged to meet at a certain place but when I arrived there were mangled cars everywhere, ambulances, smoke, and carnage,” Kolokov said, according to Orange. “Then when I saw Alexy covered in blood lying in the road a paramedic told me he was dead and I just broke down in tears.”
Bykov, who was pretending to be dead, then jumped to his feet covered in blood and proposed to Irena.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault