Roy’s Folks: Snappy Lunch
MOUNT AIRY, N.C. — Snappy Lunch in Mount Airy opened in 1923 inside a former post office building. For decades, the diner has served up a quick-lunch for mill workers and students at nearby schools.
Roy Ackland shares the story of the restaurant and it’s “World Famous Pork Chop Sandwich.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k