Missing Asheboro siblings found safe
Carol Yvonne Hefner and Rex William Callahan (Courtesy: Asheboro police)
ASHEBORO, N.C. — Police said a search for a brother and sister who were reported missing last weekend from their Asheboro home has been called off after the two were found safe.
According to police, Carol Yvonne Hefner, 58, and Rex William Callahan, 61, were reported missing on Saturday by Hefner’s husband.
Police on Thursday morning said Hefner and Callahan were both found and are OK.
Before they were found, police said nobody had seen the siblings since they left their apartment at 1129 South Cox St.
Family members were concerned because the pair left the home without taking clothing or Callahan’s medications, which he takes for health reasons. Neither of them suffer from dementia or mental illness, police said.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old