Flooding reported at Peters Creek Parkway in Winston-Salem
Strong thunderstorms moving across the Piedmont have prompted Flash Flood Warnings in Davie and Forsyth counties that left Peters Creek Parkway in Winston-Salem flooded.
Doppler radar indicated a line of storms moving across the Piedmont. Gusty winds, lightning and heavy rainfall that could lead to flooding is expected with these storms.
The warning in Forsyth County expired at 4:15 p.m. and the one in Davie at 6:30 p.m.
A Flash Flood Warning for Guilford, Davie and Stanly counties expired at 5:45 p.m. and an Areal Flood Advisory for Caswell, Guilford, Randolph and Rockingham counties expired at 5:30 p.m.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave